Z Wikibooks, biblioteki wolnych podręczników.
Latest Tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please inform other users about these changes.
- Recent software changes
- (Not all changes will affect you.)
- The latest version of MediaWiki (version 1.22/wmf4) was added to non-Wikipedia wikis on May 13, and to the English Wikipedia (with a Wikidata software update) on May 20. It will be updated on all other Wikipedia sites on May 22.  
- A software update will perhaps result in temporary issues with images. Please report any problems you notice. 
- MediaWiki recognizes links in twelve new schemes. Users can now link to SSH, XMPP and Bitcoin directly from wikicode. 
- VisualEditor was added to all content namespaces on mediawiki.org on May 20. 
- A new extension ("TemplateData") was added to all Wikipedia sites on May 20. It will allow a future version of VisualEditor to edit templates. 
- New sites: Greek Wikivoyage and Venetian Wiktionary joined the Wikimedia family last week; the total number of project wikis is now 794.  
- The logo of 18 Wikipedias was changed to version 2.0 in a third group of updates. 
- The UploadWizard on Commons now shows links to the old upload form in 55 languages (bug 33513). 
- Future software changes
- The next version of MediaWiki (version 1.22/wmf5) will be added to Wikimedia sites starting on May 27. 
- An updated version of Notifications, with new features and fewer bugs, will be added to the English Wikipedia on May 23. 
- The final version of the "single user login" (which allows people to use the same username on different Wikimedia wikis) is moved to August 2013. The software will automatically rename some usernames. 
- A new discussion system for MediaWiki, called "Flow", is under development. Wikimedia designers need your help to inform other users, test the prototype and discuss the interface. .
- The Wikimedia Foundation is hiring people to act as links between software developers and users for VisualEditor.